Truly… Our thoughts and prayers are with the students, teachers and families in Florida.
- Contact our state representatives to push for passage of SB 5992
- Our state legislature is considering a bill to prohibit bump stocks, the dangerous device that the shooter in Las Vegas used to shoot more rounds at a higher speed. Bump stocks exploit a gap in federal law: machine guns are strictly regulated, but bump stocks, which make semiautomatic guns fire like machine guns, are unregulated. SB 5992 closes that gap.
- Write to Derek Kilmer and ask him to co-sponsor H.R. 3207
- This bill would close the “boyfriend loophole” and keep guns away from domestic abusers and stalkers.
- Call our senators and insist that they stop the “Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017”
- This bill is the NRA’s top legislative priority. It passed in the House of Representatives. It now awaits a vote in the Senate.
Here is a preview: https://www.youtube.