… to wish Scott Pruitt well on his way out of D.C.
Then let’s welcome his acting successor, Andrew Wheeler, with a raft of emails and postcards reminding this former coal industry lobbyist that it is now his duty to protect, not neglect the environment, to ensure clean air, clean water and a healthy planet.
Let’s gather this Friday in the large conference room at OfficeXpats, upstairs in the Pavilion on Madison, between 4:30 and 6:30.
We will write cards, make calls, send faxes and craft letters-to-the-editor to:
- Defend Obamacare (again?!)
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions is targeted for elimination
- Senator Maria Cantwell is calling on the public to contact lawmakers to call for support of the Affordable Care Act, and specifically the provision that covers people with pre-existing conditions.
- Defend democracy
- Defend the Supreme Court
- Let’s contact Senators Collins, Murkowski, Heitkamp, Manchin, McCaskill and Donnelly, to urge them to oppose any nominee who doesn’t represent mainstream American values and respect for judicial precedent.
- Defend asylum-seekers
- Defend children in immigration court
- 50% of children arriving in the U.S. have no one to represent them in immigration court
- Children without representation are 5X more likely to be deported back to danger
- KIND (Kids in Need of Defense) provides lawyers to represent children in deportation hearings
- Donate if you can