We are Indivisible Bainbridge Island, working in 2022 to save our democracy and elect Democrats whose values adhere to common sense and respecting personal freedoms. We take these actions with the goal of keeping the Democratic U.S. House majority, expanding the Democratic majority in the U.S. Senate, and keeping Democratic control of the Washington state legislature.
- Daily Actions. Every week we write five actions for participants to use to contact our members of Congress and urge their action on a variety of issues.
- Postcarding. Every Wednesday from 2 pm to 3:30 pm through Oct. 26 (two weeks before Election Day). We meet upstairs at the Town & Country on Winslow Ave. on Bainbridge Island to write postcards.
- Door Knocking. We are door-knocking in Bremerton in support of the re-election of first term State Senator, Emily Randall, and the legislative district’s two Democratic candidates for state representative, Adison Richards and Matt Macklin. We will also canvass in Dr. Kim Schrier’s district.
- Rallying. As events happen, we host rallies. Our most recent rally was in response to the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade. We usually rally at the intersection of Winslow Way and Highway 305, outside the Bainbridge Island/Seattle ferry terminal.
- BINKI Meetings. We join forces with North Kitsap Indivisible to do online forums on a variety of topics, such as the privatization of Medicare, the climate crisis and recycling on Mondays from 5 pm to 6:30 pm. Check the calendar for the next BINKI forum. Click here for the archive of BINKI forums.
- Writing Letters to the Editor. Writing letters to the editor is an excellent way to reach and inform voters!
- We offer phone and text banking opportunities whenever we can.
- Sign up for TAN (the local Take Action Network) – and more about it: http://indivisibleeastside.com/tan-signup-resource/
- See our events here on mobilize: https://www.mobilize.us/dashboard/indivisiblebainbridgeisland/events/
Partners. We work with North Kitsap Indivisible and Indivisible Bremerton to accomplish our goals locally – and with: WA-area groups; our Indivisible western director, Nina; and Indivisible national, of course. We also work with organizations that align with our values on national movements.
If you have actions that you recommend, please let us know: please email Holly at email@example.com