We are Indivisible Bainbridge Island, working in 2023 to save our democracy and elect Democrats whose values adhere to common sense and respecting personal freedoms. We take these actions with the goal of keeping the Democratic U.S. House majority, expanding the Democratic majority in the U.S. Senate, and keeping Democratic control of the Washington state legislature.
- Rallying. Watch this space! If Trump is indicted Wednesday, March 22, we’ll hold a “Not Above the Law” rally at Waypoint Park (the intersection of Winslow Way and Highway 305) at 5 pm. Please sign up here. If he is not indicted that day, we’ll stay on watch and update this page with the latest information.
- Postcarding. In 2023, we wrote 100 postcards for Jennifer McClellan in Virginia and nearly 900 postcards for Janet Protasiewicz, running for the Wisconsin State Supreme Court.
- We participate in TAN (Take Action Network) which is a way to support or oppose bills in the Washington state legislature. When you sign up for TAN, you receive daily emails with actions you can take on bills in subject areas of interest to you. For example, you might be asked to sign in “PRO” or “CON” for a hearing on a bill in your area of interest. Learn more about TAN here.
- Daily Actions. We write five actions a week that any one can use to contact our members of Congress and urge their action on a variety of issues.
- BINKI Meetings. We join forces with North Kitsap Indivisible to do online forums on a variety of topics, such as the privatization of Medicare, the climate crisis and recycling on Mondays from 5 pm to 6:30 pm. Check the calendar for the next BINKI forum. Click here for the archive of BINKI forums.
- Writing Letters to the Editor. Writing letters to the editor is an excellent way to reach and inform voters!
Partners. We work with North Kitsap Indivisible and Indivisible Bremerton to accomplish our goals locally and with: WA-area groups; our Indivisible western director, Nina; and Indivisible national, of course. We also work with organizations that align with our values on national movements.
If you have actions that you recommend, please let us know: please email Holly at email@example.com