Email Senator Cantwell: Phone: (202) 224-3441 Fax: (202) 228-0514 Press releases
Email Senator Murray: Phone: (202) 224-2621 Fax: (202) 224-0238 Press releases
Email Rep. Kilmer: Phone: (202) 225-5916 News
Daily actions 4/19/2019
An action a day keeps the dictator at bay.
- Contact our members of Congress and tell them to use the full extent of their oversight and investigative powers, including impeachment, to inform the public of the full truth, and hold Trump accountable. Attorney General Barr has released a redacted version of the Mueller report. It is a roadmap for impeachment. Read Invisible.org’s position.
- Take the Indivisible.org survey on impeachment. Indivisible wants your opinion about impeachment. Click here to take the survey.
- Contact our members of Congress and tell them you support all attempts to get the current “president’s” tax returns. We now know that Mueller did not investigate the current “president’s” financial crimes, which likely span decades. His tax returns likely tell the story. Congress needs to see them.
- Contact our members of Congress and tell them we want the IRS to develop free tax-filing software. House Democrats disappointed when they passed, by a voice vote, a bill preventing the IRS from developing free tax-filing software. But Democratic senators are at work on the Tax Filing Simplification Act, which would direct the IRS to develop a free online tax preparation and filing service. Read about it here.
- Contact our members of Congress and tell them you want the IRS to spend more time auditing wealthy people. President Obama directed the IRS to do just that, but the wealthy overcame the IRS. We need to work harder. Read about it here.
- Contact Rep. Kilmer and tell him to defund hate. The biggest fight on immigration this year will be over funding for ICE and CBP, for which the current “president” has already requested additional billions in next year’s FY20 budget. Read about it here.
- Contact our Rep. Kilmer and tell him to co-sponsor H.R.2214, the “No Ban Act.” This legislation, introduced by Rep. Judy Chu (D-Calif.) would repeal President Trump’s Muslim ban, asylum ban, and refugee ban, and make necessary reforms to the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) to prevent future discriminatory bans. Ask our senators to work with Sen. Chris Coons to introduce the bill in the Senate. The “No Ban Act” is endorsed by the ACLU. Read about it here.
Questions / daily action suggestions? firstname.lastname@example.org