Email Senator Cantwell: Phone: (202) 224-3441 Fax: (202) 228-0514 Press releases
Email Senator Murray: Phone: (202) 224-2621 Fax: (202) 224-0238 Press releases
Email Rep. Kilmer: Phone: (202) 225-5916 News
Daily actions for the week starting 11/8/2019
An action a day keeps the dictator at bay.
- Call Rep. Kilmer and tell him you support his vote on 10/31/2019 to establish rules for public impeachment hearings of the current “president.” Call our senators and tell them you support removing the current “president” from office. The transcript of Ambassador William Taylor’s testimony was devastating. Read about it here. Read the transcript here. This week we learned the GOP paid people to make 10,000 calls to Democratic members of Congress to tie up the phone lines and yell at staffers. Read about it here. Our MOCs staffers will be happy to hear an encouraging word!
- Call our senators and tell them to vote “nay” on the nomination of Chad Wolf as acting DHS undersecretary for strategy, policy and plans. Wolf was nominated for that position in February but has yet to be confirmed. The current “president” plans to make Wolf the acting DHS secretary once he is confirmed as DHS undersecretary for strategy, policy and plans. According to the Washinton Post, “Wolf is the favored pick of senior Trump adviser Stephen Miller, who has pushed for aggressive tactics to reduce migration to the United States. As Nielsen’s chief of staff, Wolf had a central role in the failed ‘zero tolerance’ prosecution initiative last year that led to the separation of more than 2,700 migrant children from their parents. It may seem pointless for our senators vote “nay” on Wolf, but we do not want our senators be complicit in this tragedy. Read about it here.
- Call our senators and tell them to vote “nay” on the appointment of James Danly to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. Danly is currently FERC’s general counsel. According to The National Law Review, Danly has “spoken publicly about his philosophy of the ‘humble regulator,’ whereby FERC should not use the full extent of its jurisdiction.” FERC plays a big role in making decisions about pipelines to get fracked gas from the middle of the country to export terminals on the west coast. The nomination will tilt FERC heavily toward the current “president’s” drill-baby-drill energy policy, especially because the commission, which is supposed to have an equal number of Republican and Democratic members, has a vacant Democratic seat for which the current “president” has not named a nominee. Read about it here.
- Call Rep. Kilmer and tell him to write legislation protecting LGBTQ youth in foster care. The current president has proposed a rule allowing foster care agencies to turn away prospective foster parents because they are gay or trans. The rule would remove language protecting LGBTQ people and others from discrimination in programs funded by grants from the Department of Health and Human Services. The current administration says “ the Trump administration says is necessary to protect religious freedom.” Read about it here.
- Call our members of Congress and tell them to write an amendment to the Constitution restricting the president from awarding ambassadorships to political donors. The European Union is under threat from Russia’s Putin, and having hotel magnate Gordon Sondland, a $1 million donor to the Trump inaugural committee, as the U.S. Ambassador to the European Union is a joke that isn’t funny.
- Sign up for an Impeach and Remove Rally. The rally will be held the day before the House votes to impeach the current president. Currently, there are three rallies in our area: Waypoint Park, BI, Bremerton and Kingston.
Questions / daily action suggestions? email@example.com