Email Senator Cantwell: Phone: (202) 224-3441 Fax: (202) 228-0514 Press releases
Email Senator Murray: Phone: (202) 224-2621 Fax: (202) 224-0238 Press releases
Email Rep. Kilmer: Phone: (202) 225-5916 News
Daily actions for the week of 9/20/2019
An action a day keeps the dictator at bay.
- Call Rep. Kilmer and tell him to co-sponsor H.R.4272 , the TPS for Victims of Hurricane Dorian Act of 2019. The bill would extend TPS to Bahamians. Confusion abounds, of course, because Trump. Shortly after Hurricane Dorian moved past the Bahamas, a ferry boat operator turned away Bahamians fleeing the devastation because they didn’t have visas and because someone at DHS told him to. Read about it here. Meanwhile, the head of CBP says Bahamians will be allowed into the United States, while Trump said the Bahamian refugees include very bad people, and only those with “perfect” documentation will be allowed in. Read about it here.
- Call our members of Congress and tell them no war with Iran, especially NOT to protect Saudi Arabian oil. Read about it here.
- Call our members of Congress and tell them to be ready to take action in the event Trump refuses to acknowledge defeat in 2020. Given his history, it’s entirely possible. Read about it here. Contact our state legislators and tell them to increase Washington state’s penalties for “faithless electors.” Email Senator Rolfes, Rep. Appleton and Rep. Hansen. Read about Washington state’s 2016 faithless electors here.
- Call our members of Congress and tell them to develop legislation protecting car mileage standards. It turns out that the federal government issued a waiver to California allowing it to have standards higher than the national standards. Trump has rescinded the waiver. Read about it here.
- Call our members of Congress and tell them to reign in the $43 billion liquefied natural gas project being pushed by Trump appointees on the supposedly independent Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. The 807-mile project would carry up to 3.5 billion cubic feet a day of gas to an Alaskan port where it would be liquefied and shipped to Asia. Read about it here.
- Call Rep. Kilmer and tell him to join other Democrats in pushing for holding Corey Lewandowski in contempt. His testimony this week before the House Judiciary committee was disgraceful. Read about it here.
- Bonus action: Call Rep. Kilmer and thank him for co-sponsoring H.R. 51 to make Washington, D.C., a state. Read about Eleanor Holmes Norton’s bill here. While you’re at it, thank Rep. Kilmer for co-sponsoring H.R.871 – Bears Ears Expansion And Respect for Sovereignty Act.
Questions / daily action suggestions? firstname.lastname@example.org