- Phone banking:
- Writing letters:
- www.votefwd.org (see Vote Forward below for details)
- Writing postcards: See “Postcard Writing – Everything You Need to Know” below on local postcard writing opportunities.
- www.grassrootsdems.org (currently Colorado and Arizona, plus a congressional district in California).
- www.postcards2wi.com (Wisconsin and soon, Michigan)
- www.postcards4va.com (Virginia)
- www.flipthewest.com (Arizona, Texas, Kansas, Montana, Colorado and Iowa)
- Writing letters to the editor
- You can only write one a month
- They need to be less than 250 words. It could just be a short paragraph
- Helpful resources from LD 23: Guidelines Tips
- Submit to Kitsap Sun: email :: submit to Bainbridge Island Review: BainbridgeReview.com
Postcard Writing – Everything You Need to Know
Email Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org to join our weekly online zoom call, 2-3:30 Wednesdays.
- We deliver sets of postcards, addresses, stamps and instructions to your home. Email Holly@HollyBrewer.com to request a delivery.
- We email people addresses and instructions, and order cards with stamps to be sent to them (the cheapest option, $39 for 100): https://store.usps.com/
store/product/cards-envelopes/ azulillo-stamped-card-S_250004 Email Holly@HollyBrewer.com to request addresses by email.
- You can sign up to get addresses from any of the above websites
Vote Forward is another way of communicating with voters through the mail. The idea is to write letters to infrequent voters in key swing states (Texas and Arizona, for example) telling them in a short, simple paragraph about why you vote and how important voting is in general. The second key idea is to “bank” these letters until it’s time to mail them 10 days before the November 3 election.
Go to VoteFwd.org to sign up. It takes a few days to get approval. Once approved, you “adopt” a group of five or twenty voters from any of the many state and congressional districts that are available. Click the name of each voter, and the web site generates the form letter for that voter. Print each form letter and hand write your reason for voting on the letter. Put the Letter in an envelope you address by hand. Put a stamp on it and bank it. Then adopt another group of voters and repeat.
Vote Forward is an easy and productive way to keep building the blowout Big Blue Wave we need to save our democracy in November, coronavirus be damned.