Email Senator Cantwell: Phone: (202) 224-3441 Fax: (202) 228-0514 Press releases
Email Senator Murray: Phone: (202) 224-2621 Fax: (202) 224-0238 Press releases
Email Rep. Kilmer: Phone: (202) 225-5916 News
Daily actions for the week of 6/21/2019
An action a day keeps the dictator at bay.
- Call Rep. Derek Kilmer and urge him to support the opening of impeachment hearings. As of this date, 74 House Democrats and one House Republican support impeachment. Rep. Kilmer last spoke publicly about impeachment on May 29. See the latest tally here. Read Indivisible.org’s analysis here.
- Call Rep. Kilmer and tell him to support H.R.1046, the “Medicare Negotiation and Competitive Licensing Act,” to bring down prescription drug prices. Indivisible.org has analyzed the various bills that have been introduced to lower drug prices; H.R. 1046 is the bill they think is best. Read about it here.
- Call our members of Congress and tell them to investigate how it is that Paul Manafort is housed in a federal prison instead of state prison while awaiting trial on New York state charges. AG William Barr’s new deputy, Jeffrey A. Rosen, intervened to prevent Manafort from being sent to Rikers Island, which is where he would have been sent if he didn’t have the support of the current “president.” “Several former and current prosecutors said the decision was highly unusual. Most federal inmates facing [New York] state charges are held on Rikers Island.” Read more about it here.
- Call our members of Congress and tell them to support USDA scientists in their efforts to unionize. Tell Rep. Kilmer to not appropriate money for the USDA to move to the researchers to Kansas City, MO, in an effort to get them to quit. The current administration dislikes the scientists’ work on climate change and other topics, such as how the Tax Scam bill helped rich farmers, but not ordinary farmers. Read about it here.
- Call Rep. Kilmer and tell him to support H.R. 2354, the “Prevention of Unconstitutional War with Iran Act of 2019.” This bill was introduced by the prescient Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.) on April 25, 2019 and only has 70 co-sponsors. Tell Rep. Kilmer to issue a statement urging diplomacy.
Questions / daily action suggestions? firstname.lastname@example.org