We are Indivisible Bainbridge Island, working in 2023 to save our democracy and elect common sense Democrats who respect personal freedoms. We take these actions with the goal of regaining the Democratic U.S. House majority, expanding the Democratic majority in the U.S. Senate, and keeping Democratic control of the Washington state legislature.
- Postcarding. This year, the IBI postcard writing group wrote nearly 1,600 postcards for Janet Protasiewicz (she won!), running for the Wisconsin State Supreme Court and wrote 100 postcards for Jennifer McClellan running for Congress in Virginia. (She won!) We wrote against Issue 1 in the Ohio Aug. 8 special election and for Issue 1 in the Ohio general election, which will protect reproductive health care in the state’s constitution. Throughout the year, we’ve also been writing to flip certain California and New York congressional districts from red to BLUE.
- We participate in TAN (Take Action Network) which is a way to support or oppose bills in the Washington state legislature. When you sign up for TAN, you receive daily emails with actions you can take on bills in subject areas of interest to you. For example, you might be asked to sign in “PRO” or “CON” for a hearing on a bill in your area of interest. Learn more about TAN here.
- Daily Actions. We write five actions a month that any one can use to contact our members of Congress and urge their action on a variety of issues. If you have actions that you recommend, please let us know by emailing Holly at email@example.com.
- BINKI Meetings. We join forces with North Kitsap Indivisible to do online forums on a variety of topics, such as the privatization of Medicare, the climate crisis and recycling on Mondays from 5 pm to 6:30 pm. Check the calendar for the next BINKI forum. Click here for the archive of BINKI forums.
- Letters to the Editor. Writing letters to the editor is an excellent way to reach and inform voters!
Partners. We work with nearby Indivisible groups, such as North Kitsap Indivisible and Indivisible Bremerton, with Indivisible groups around Washington state, our Indivisible western director, Nina; and Indivisible national, of course. We also work with other local and national organizations that align with our values.