Email Senator Cantwell: Phone: (202) 224-3441 Fax: (202) 228-0514 Press releases
Email Senator Murray: Phone: (202) 224-2621 Fax: (202) 224-0238 Press releases
Email Rep. Kilmer: Phone: (202) 225-5916 News
Control of the U.S. House of Representatives is still in danger. Help these U.S. House Representatives win their close races by helping them cure ballots. Curing a ballot typically requires contacting the voter and asking them to fill out and submit a form (available on a web site).
- Contact our senators and tell them to vote “no” on the nomination of Darren Beattie to the Commission for the Preservation of America’s Heritage Abroad. Beattie left his position (or was fired) as a Trump speechwriter in August 2018 after his ties to the Mencken Conference – a white supremacist gathering – became widely known. Read about it here.
- Contact Rep. Kilmer and thank him for co-sponsoring H.R.7197, the RESTAURANTS Act of 2020. Contact our senators and tell them to co-sponsor the same bill in the Senate, S.4012. The bill would establish and provide funding for the Restaurant Revitalization Fund, from which the Department of the Treasury would make grants to eligible food and beverage purveyors to cover specified costs. This bill has 48 co-sponsors, including 11 Republicans. Read about it here.
- Contact our senators and tell them to support an ethics investigation into the actions of Sen. Kelly Loeffler, who broke federal law on television by pleading for campaign contributions from the Russell Senate Office Building Rotunda. With any luck, Loeffler won’t be around in 2020 and the Democrats will have the majority in the Senate. Even so, Loeffler’s illegal actions should not go unnoticed. Read about it here.
- Contact Rep. Kilmer and thank him for co-sponsoring Adam Schiff’s bill, H.R. 8363, the Protecting Our Democracy Act. The bill would “protect our democracy by preventing abuses of presidential power, restoring checks and balances and accountability and transparency in government, and defending elections against foreign interference.” Contact our senators and tell them to co-sponsor S. 4880, the same bill in the Senate. Read about the bill here.
- Contact our members of Congress and tell them to follow Elizabeth Warren’s plan to repeal the 1994 crime bill, officially known as the Violent Crime Control Act and Law Enforcement Act of 1994. “That punitive ‘tough on crime’ approach was wrong, it was a mistake, and it needs to be repealed. There are some sections of law, like those relating to domestic violence, that should be retained — but the bulk of the law must go,” Warren said. Read about it here. While you’re at it, how about eliminating the federal death penalty? Trump is on a death row killing spree: Bill Barr now wants to bring back firing squads. Read about that here.
Questions / daily action suggestions? email@example.com