Email Senator Cantwell: Phone: (202) 224-3441 Fax: (202) 228-0514 Press releases
Email Senator Murray: Phone: (202) 224-2621 Fax: (202) 224-0238 Press releases
Email Rep. Kilmer: Phone: (202) 225-5916 News
Daily actions for the week starting 1/24/2020
An action a day keeps the dictator at bay.
- Call our senators and thank them for sitting through the impeachment trial with patience and grace. Tell them to demand witnesses and documents!
- Call our members of Congress and tell them to stop more U.S. troops from being sent to Saudi Arabia. A few weeks ago, Trump bragged that Saudi Arabia had already “deposited $1 billion in the bank” to pay for U.S. soldiers to be sent to Saudi Arabia. A few days later, journalists reported that, no surprise, Trump was exaggerating. Pentagon spokesperson Cmdr. Rebecca Rebarich was quoted as saying, “The Department of Defense has engaged Saudi Arabia on contributing to US activities that support regional security and dissuade hostility and aggression.” The United States has been reliant on Saudi oil for decades, but oil imports from Saudi Arabia to the United States are declining and at their lowest level since 1993. Other than avarice, there is no reason to continue a relationship with another ruthless dictator: Mohammed bin Salman, who has finally claimed “accountability” (but not responsibility) for the murder of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi. Saudi Arabia is a country that jails activists seeking just a tiny bit of freedom for the women living within its borders. Saudi Arabia is the country whose ruling family bargained with its religious fundamentalists to spread Wahhabism throughout the world, giving us world-wide Islamic terrorism. Saudi Arabia is the country that contributed 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers. With Trump in the White House, we are dangerously close to fighting a war on behalf of one of the worst countries in the world.
- Contact State Rep. Hansen and State Rep. Appleton and tell them to support HB 1110, the Clean Fuel Standard. The Clean Fuel Standard requires out-of-state oil companies to reduce the carbon pollution from their gasoline and diesel products. In Washington, adoption of the Clean Fuel Standard will bring our state in line with Oregon, California and Canada, forming a regional fuel standard that will be less costly to implement, adding about 2 cents per gallon to the cost of gasoline – not the .75 cent per gallon opponents are already advertising. Sen. Rolfes is a co-sponsor and has gotten the Senate version of the bill (SB 5412) passed in the Senate. Comment on the Clean Fuel Standard here.
- Call Rep. Kilmer and tell him the House needs to investigate Rep. Devin Nunes’ role in the Ukrainian scheme. Read about it here.
- Call Sen. Murray and thank her for introducing S.2836, the “Put Patients First Act,” which would protect Americans from health care providers’ personal religious beliefs. Call Sen. Cantwell to thank her for being a co-sponsor. Call Rep. Kilmer and thank him for co-sponsoring H.R.5036, the same bill in the House. We appreciate our senators and representatives acting together on this important issue and would like to see more of that in the future. Read about the “Put Patients First Act” here.
Questions / daily action suggestions? firstname.lastname@example.org