Email Senator Cantwell: Phone: (202) 224-3441 Fax: (202) 228-0514 Press releases
Email Senator Murray: Phone: (202) 224-2621 Fax: (202) 224-0238 Press releases
Email Rep. Kilmer: Phone: (202) 225-5916 News
An action a day keeps the dictator at bay.
- Call our senators and tell them to pass the HEROES Act. The bill includes $3.6 billion in election funding to expand vote by mail and safe in-person voting locations, $25 billion in funding for the United States Postal Service, additional $1,200 payments to individuals, including immigrants and dependents over the age of 16, a moratorium on evictions and foreclosures, expanded paid/sick/family leave for all workers, free testing and treatment for all, including immigrants regardless of status. They must fight the Republican wish list of immunity for companies, $30 billion for defense contractors and the Defense Dept., $1.8 billion to rebuild FBI headquarters (which is out according to some reports and back in according to other reports) and $377 million to renovate the White House.
- Contact our members of Congress and tell them to support S.4097/H.R.7402, Protecting Renters from Evictions and Fees Act of 2020. Of the many bills Democrats have introduced to protect people from eviction, this bill, introduced by Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Rep. Jesus Garcia, has gathered the most co-sponsors. This bill expands the moratorium on evictions to include all tenants, as opposed to tenants of federally assisted properties, and extends the moratorium until March 27, 2021 (the previous moratorium expired on July 25, 2020). Read about the bill here.
- Call our members of Congress and tell them to stop the current “president” from deploying federal forces against protesters. Read about it here.
- Call our members of Congress and tell them to take action to remediate the Census. The Census Bureau requested an extension because of the pandemic, but when it became clear the extension would result in reporting the final results to the president next Spring, the Census Bureau announced they will cut short their door-knocking program early and report the final results at the end of the year. The current “president” has already announced he will use unprecedented methods to subtract undocumented people from the count, such as using drivers license information provided by the states. Read about it here.
- Call our members of Congress and tell them to investigate the current “president’s” defiance of the Supreme Court decision on DACA and hold Chad Wolf, the head of Department of Homeland Security, to account. After a court battle, U.S. District Judge Paul Grimm compelled the administration to restore DACA to its pre-repeal condition on July 17. Grimm’s order required the Department of Homeland Security to let DACA beneficiaries renew their status for two years, accept new applicants, and restore “advance parole,” which permits travel outside the country. But DHS did not do that. Instead, the agency maintained that it would reject new DACA applicants. It also declined to accept DACA renewals or reinstate advance parole. Read about it here.
Questions / daily action suggestions? email@example.com