Email Senator Cantwell: Phone: (202) 224-3441 Fax: (202) 228-0514 Press releases
Email Senator Murray: Phone: (202) 224-2621 Fax: (202) 224-0238 Press releases
Email Rep. Kilmer: Phone: (202) 225-5916 News
- Contact Rep. Kilmer and thank him for getting his Resilient Airports Act included in H.R.3935, the Securing Growth and Robust Leadership in American Aviation Act that the House passed in July. The Resilient Airports Act would expand the Airport Improvement Program (AIP) eligibility criteria, enabling more airports to receive funding for crucial infrastructure projects aimed at enhancing resilience against earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, wildfires, and other natural disasters. The Securing Growth and Robust Leadership in American Aviation Act reauthorizes the Federal Aviation Administration through FY2028, including activities and programs related to airport planning and development, facilities and equipment, and operations. H.R.3935 also reauthorizes the National Transportation Safety board through FY2028.
- Contact Rep. Kilmer and thank him for co-sponsoring H.R.1788, Goldie’s Act, which would amend the Animal Welfare Act to increase enforcement for those who violate the Animal Welfare Act. The bill is named for a Golden Retriever who suffered without adequate fresh food, water or veterinary care in an Iowa puppy mill that was licensed and overseen by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Despite many warnings, the puppy mill operator continued to operate in violation of the law because that law has little to no enforcement mechanisms. Goldie lived and died in a dirty cage. Learn more here.
- Contact our members of Congress and urge them to co-sponsor H.R.4986/S.2557, the Student Loan Interest Elimination Act. The bill would eliminate interest payments for current student borrowers. Interest rates for future student loan borrowers would be determined by a sliding scale based on financial need, so that some borrowers would have a zero percent interest rate. No student would get an interest rate higher than 4 percent. The bill would also set up a trust fund where interest payments would go to pay for the student loan program’s administrative expenses. Learn more here.
- Contact Rep. Kilmer and thank him for co-sponsoring H.R.5048, the Protecting Our Democracy Act. The bill, reintroduced by Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) would reinforce Congress’ power to enforce subpoenas, to make government funding decisions, and to conduct oversight over the executive branch; preventing the president from granting pardons to family, friends, or themselves, or from using the office to enrich themselves, or utilizing government resources for campaign purposes; strengthen protections for federal whistleblowers who report government waste, fraud, or abuse; and explicitly prohibit political campaigns and parties from soliciting or accepting foreign assistance to an election.
- Contact our members of Congress and urge them to co-sponsor H.R.5046/S.2575, the Preventing Election Subversion Act, introduced by Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-GA). The bill would amend the Help America Vote Act of 2002 to provide increased protections for election workers and voters in elections for Federal office. the bill would limit unfounded removals of local election officials by allowing them to transfer their legal proceedings from state board of elections, which can be partisan, to federal court. Relatedly, the bill would also allow for the removal of election officials only in instances of inefficiency, neglect of duty or malfeasance in office. Learn more here.
If you have a question or an action, email it here.