Ask for a Path to 100% Renewable Energy NOW!
Join me and hundreds of other concerned citizens as well as groups such as 350.org, Backbone, Redefine Tacoma, Vashon Climate Action Group, Indigenous environmental activists, Puyallup Tribal Nation, Puyallup Water Warriors, Indivisible Vashon, Indivisible Bainbridge, Students for the Salish Sea, the Sierra Club and many more on February 21st – let your voice be heard. Ask for a path to 100% renewable energy now!
Public comments will start at 1:30pm. Get there by 1pm to sign in if you’d like to speak.
Let’s ask the Utilities and Transportation Commissioners to direct Puget Sound Energy (PSE) to increase their renewable energy mix to help mitigate climate change – it’s in the public’s and planet’s interest.
Puget Sound Energy’s 20-year Integrated Resource Plan recommends:
- Gas Peaker plants,
- Tacoma’s Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) plant,
- gas from British Columbia, and
- continued operation of coal-generated electricity from Colstrip Montana.
THE TIME IS NOW to influence what kind of power Puget Sound Energy will offer us in the future.
Take Action in Four Ways:
- Sign a letter: sc.org/DearUTC
- Write a letter from scratch to the Utilities and Transportation Commission:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org Include a brief cover note that includes:
- “This is a comment on PSE’s 2017 Integrated Resource Plan, Docket numbers UE-160918 and UG-160919”
- Your organization or business name (if applicable)
- Contact info of the person submitting the comment: Name, email, phone number, address
- Here are some talking points: PSE IRP Hearing TPs 1.10.18
- Please also email to The Sierra Club: email@example.com and to your local community organizer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign a letter to PSE’s CEO Kimberly Harris requesting renewable energy: bitly.com/ColstripReplacement
- Join hundreds of concerned citizens on February 21st at PSE’s Integrated Resource Plan Hearing. Location: Renton Community Center. Public comments are from 1:30pm to 7pm, please come early if you’d like to sign up to speak. If you’re interested in going to the hearing, please email me email@example.com to receive updates.
Join me and hundreds of other concerned citizens as well as groups such as 350.org, Backbone, Indigenous environmental activists, the Sierra Club – let your voice be heard.
EXTRA POINTS: Write your legislators.