Come to Office Xpats this Friday between 4:30 and 6:30.We will:
- Echo fellow Islander and WA Governor Jay Inslee’s call for “less tweeting, more listening”:
- Watch Jay’s full remarks to the president and share this video.
- If Jay can speak truth to power, then so can we!
- Thank the companies that have shown the wisdom and courage to drop ties with the NRA and stand with the majority of Americans in favor of common sense gun reform.
- The list is growing and includes Wild Apricot (software), Delta Airlines (now being threatened by Georgia’s GOP governor), and Dick’s Sporting Goods (announced they will stop selling assault-style rifles)
- Step up the pressure on those weak-kneed, weak-willed companies that want to keep their heads down (looking at you, Amazon)
- The list is shrinking and includes Lloyd’s of London, Fedex, Big 5 Sporting Goods, and Vanguard.
- Contact our state senators in support of Bob Ferguson’s SB5444 common sense gun safety bill
- Read this Seattle Times Op-Ed by Attorney General Bob FergusonBainbridge Island city councilman Matthew Tirman will join us as a special guest, so if you only come once in a while, this is the get-together to put on your calendar!Meanwhile, check out the Indivisible Bainbridge website for upcoming events such as:
- March for our Lives
- School Walkouts
- Movie Night
- Peace CafeMost important, keep moving forward. As Senator Chris Murphy of Connecticut says,
“Great social change movements, the ones that change this country, are the ones that persevere even when they get handed defeat over and over and over again. We’ve had a lot of defeat. I would argue we’ve had some victories, too. We’ve seen progress out there in the states. We haven’t seen as much progress in Washington. But I’m not going anywhere. Those families in Sandy Hook aren’t. So as long as they’re in it, I’m in it.”