We will take a short break, so no meeting this Friday.
But if you’d like to stay busy from home or the beach, you might:
- Encourage Senators Murray and Cantwell to stay in D.C. during the cancelled August recess
- Pressure Bluehost to remove the “Active Shooter the Video Game” from its website platform immediately
- Responding to public pressure, Indiegogo removed the game last week, but the company hosting the game’s website has not taken it down
- Write letters to the editor in support of Initiative-1639, “Safe Schools, Safe Communities”
- The proposed initiative will address many of the root causes of recent tragedies by raising the age to purchase semiautomatic rifles to 21; creating an enhanced background check system similar to what is required for handguns; requiring completion of a firearm safety training course; and creating standards for secure storage to prevent guns from falling into dangerous hands.
- Write, call, fax, tweet… about any of the many issues listed on this week’s edition of the Americans of Conscience Checklist, including this local one:
- Call Seattle’s City Attorney’s office at (206) 684-7757 oppose ICE’s practice of targeting protest leaders
- And on this week’s edition of the 5Calls checklist