|We will NOT be meeting this Friday afternoon at OfficeXpats.
But people will be rushin’ to a rally from 4:30 to 6:30 Friday at Waypoint Park (near the ferry terminal, across the street from the art museum and ale house) to mark the anniversary of the day that Trump called for Clinton’s emails and Russia provided them. This is a national movement. Please wear red, white and blue. Bring flags, musical instruments: and let’s be seen and heard! More information:
https://www.facebook.com/events/231502250825027/ / IBI.org
Though we won’t gather at Xpats to make calls, send faxes and write cards, we do encourage you to do the following from home:
- Post comments on Regulations.Gov, opposing the addition of a citizenship question on the 2020 census
- Post comments on Regulations.Gov opposing the rollback of Title X protections for family planning clinics
- Email Secretary of State Mike Pompeo urging him to drop imminent plans for a special exemption letting the company Defense Distributed release schematics for 3D guns — information that would enable terrorists, convicted felons and domestic abusers to simply download files online and print their own illegal and untraceable guns
- Call Representative Kilmer to encourage him to co-sponsor the bipartisan Market Choice Act — an innovative proposal to fund American infrastructure that would also cut carbon pollution
- Fax five GOP representatives asking them to join fellow Republican representative Mike Coffman in support of the Congressional Review Act resolution to block the FCC’s repeal of net neutrality and restore the open Internet
- Fax Senators Manchin, Flake, Corker, Heitkamp and Donnelley, asking them to insist that the Judiciary Committee thoroughly review allKavanaugh documents
- Write postcards to voters
- This is our new favorite action. Sign up with Postcards to Voters, and they will send you as many addresses as you can handle, to encourage turnout among like-minded voters in key districts across the country. The focus right now is to elect Danny O’Connor to the House in an August 7th special election in Ohio. This is an action that will ramp up massively as we approach November, so take a few minutes today to get signed up.
- Return your primary ballot by August 7th
Sorry to miss this Friday, but we will get together at OfficeXpats NEXT Friday, August 3rd, for certain!